My goal was something light, packed with flavor and deliciously filling.
In my humble opinion; I nailed it.
Curry & Citrus Savory Vegetable Soup
- 3 large carrots
- ½ bunch of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- filtered water (from instructions)
- 1 sprig fresh dill or dried dill works fine
- 1 tsp Curry Powder or to taste
- 1.5 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt or to taste
*all ingredients are organic to ensure the most nutritional benefits
Needed: one awesome blender
- Soak the cashew/pumpkin seed blend overnight OR for at least 4 hours in enough filtered water to cover the mix
- When you are ready to make the soup (after the blend has been soaked) steam the carrots and asparagus for about 15 min
- Let cool for 5-10 min while attending to your soaked cashew/pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the cashew/pumpkin seed blend and introduce new filtered water to cover the blend (should equal to less than a cup)
- Pour the blend into the blender (I used a Vitamix) with the steamed carrots and asparagus
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze each half into the blender
- Add in the curry powder, sea salt and ½ sprig of dill.
I’m a taste tester while cooking. If you feel it needs a little more of this or bit more of that, go for it!
- After the soup is perfectly pureed, pour into bowl and top with more dill.
- Toast garlic cashews in the oven to add on top for extra texture
- Cook buckwheat, quinoa, or brown rice to pour soup on for an extra hearty dish
- Bake gluten-free bread in the oven and make into croutons or slice and roast zucchini slices for zucchini chips!
I like crunch if you can’t tell.
Sometimes simplicity is key, but I can also argue playing with your innate creative wisdom can unlock culinary hacks you never thought possible.
Go against the grain and play with your food.