Unless you're allergic, I don't understand those who don't love avocado (sorry). It's perfect!
While containing a plethora of vitamins and minerals avocados are high in fiber, but low in saturated fats. The texture is malleable and works well in smoothies, ice cream, sandwiches, pasta...pretty much anything!
I myself eat an avocado a day, unless I'm making guacamole. Then the amount is indeterminable because I WILL finish any guacamole placed in front of me. True story.
Here is a simple, springtime Klean-Slate version that is a switch from your typical guacamole recipe.
- 5 fresh avocados
- 1 lemon
- 2 long stemmed carrots
- Sea Salt
- Fresh or Dry Dill
- Garlic Powder (I used Simply Organic)
- Scoop out the avocados and keep two pits for the dip. This plus the lemon will help the guacamole from turning brown.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze into bowl. Scoop out any seeds that fall in or use a strainer.
- Peel thin slices of two carrots into the bowl.
- Add 1.5 tbsp garlic powder (If you don't love garlic, scale it back).
- Add a couple sprigs of fresh dill or sprinkle sparingly dried dill.
-Stir guacamole and add sea salt to taste.
For those that need the extra kick, go ahead and add that jalapeno.