Now that Fall is upon us, I’ve been recreating some favorite comfort food dishes. The twist: recreating them with a health edge.
I made this dish for the whole family (I'm the only vegan) and it was a hit!
This bad boy is a hearty Beyondmeat hash.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Beyondmeat Crumbles
- Fresh Spinach (or frozen)
- 1/4 Sweet Onion
- Coconut Oil
- Spice Blend-turmeric, paprika, cumin, black pepper
- Dice sweet potato and roast 375 degree for 35-40 min
- Chop onions and saute with a little coconut oil
- Once your chopped onions start to become slightly translucent add your package of beyondmeat crumbles
- Add your roasted sweet potato. Stir.
- Throw in your chopped mushrooms and spinach
- Add your spice blend and Himalayan sea salt gradually to taste.
After you plate, add slices of avocado because no dish is complete without avocado, right? Unless you're allergic, then go with what works for you.
The next day I used my leftovers, heated it up and made breakfast tacos with Bombay Bitchin' Sauce, coconut bacon and shredded vegan cheese. It was ridiculously amazing!