We are miraculous creatures, we have the ability to feel when our bodies crave healing foods, herbs and minerals. Sequentially, we can then heal ourselves.
Yesterday I heard mine loud and clear and in turn, I acted. I knew I needed to give my body the nourishment it was craving.
These past few weeks I’ve been running around and my body has been doing a hell of a job trying to keep up.Throw in a best friends bachelorette party, my time of the month and working more than normal; one could say my balance was less than 50/50.
Yesterday I hit my peak and my body was aching. On top of hitting my peak, I still have another upcoming weekend of traveling vegan shenanigans (don’t get me wrong, I am very excited) which means I need some healing powers this week before phase 2 commences.
Klean-Slate’s Healing Puree
- 3 large carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch kale
- ¼ sheet of Maine Coast Sea Vegetable Atlantic Kelp
- SPECIAL GUEST: 1 container of Kite Hill Plain Almond Yogurt
- handful of soaked almonds
- 1 tsp of turmeric (may use more for the extra anti-inflammatory benefits)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (I sprinkled a little more afterwards)
- ¼ cup of filtered water or alternative milk
- Soak almonds overnight for at least 4-6 hours
Rinse kelp, then slice and throw in steamer with carrots, zucchini and kale
- After steaming for about 15 min, leave the lid open and let the ingredients cool slightly; unless you have a high power blender like a Vitamix, Ninja or Blendtec.
- Throw the ingredients into the blender and add the rest of your ingredients, except all of the water or alternative milk.
- Add the water or alternative milk in slowly while blending.
*If you’d like a smoother texture, blend longer and/or add more yogurt.
-Pour puree into bowl and serve with avocado and crackers. I used the hearty Mary’s Gone Cracker for added crunch and nourishment.
I proceeded to comfort my body with a bowl of my newly created healing puree, Netflix and pj’s. My body was very appreciative.
Side Note: I also recommend taking Turmeric supplements for daily anti-inflammatory relief. When it comes to homeopathic remedies, it is still as useful today as it was years and years ago. I am currently taking Organic India Turmeric Formula.
You can purchase a bottle on the Thrive Market banner ad on my blog page for less then retail price or through this link